Today’s Word: Connecting with the God of Abraham
Message by: Bishop George Mbulo
Main Text: Romans 4:16
Leading in Worship: Shabach (Generation Impact)
(For more pictures from today’s service, please visit our Facebook page on the following link; https://web.facebook.com/capitalchristianministries/posts/842554889241114)
• Abraham the father of the FAITHFUL (Gen. 12:1-4a). God was saying to Abraham in Genesis 12:1-4, you have lived here for 75 years but I have a new assignment for you. I want you to pack up, leave your country, your people and your father’s household. And then I will show you another land.
God may not necessarily ask you to leave your home but He will ask you to forego the things you are most comfortable with in order to consider God’s other plan for you, that can take you to even bigger blessings!
Humanly speaking, Abraham wanted to cling on to at least something that was familiar, so he carried his father but instead of the promised land, they journeyed and ended up in Ur.
But it was only when his father died that he moved into what God wanted him to do. He “left” his father’s household according to the instructions given in Genesis 12:1-4.
LESSONS REGARDING FAITH
1. The ONLY sure way of relating to God is through FAITH (Rom. 1:17; 3:28-30; Gal. 3:6-7).
There is no other way to connect to God except through faith. God requires and wants you to connect to Him by faith.
Faith is simply believing in God. It becomes the basis upon which you are going to relate with Him.
2. The PROMISE of God’s inheritance comes on the conveyer of FAITH (Gal. 3:8-9; Matt. 9:1-2; Matt. 21:22). Simple faith and trust in God conveys the promises and blessings of God. Don’t play hide and seek with God by trusting one day and not trusting the other day.
Connecting with the God of Abraham means that you are connecting on the basis of faith.
3. FAITH manifests and is displayed in OBEDIENCE (Gen. 12:1; Acts 13:2-3; Matt. 16:24). The outcome of faith is obedience. Faith something inside of you. When you obey God by faith you behold the manifestation of that faith as you see the blessings of God in your life and His promises fulfilled.
Obedience is the key. The best place to be is where God wants you to be.
CONNECTING WITH THE GOD OF ABRAHAM GUARANTEES US:
1. Abraham’s Inheritance of GREATNESS (Rom. 4:16a)
“Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham’s offspring…” (Rom. 4:16a).
2. Abraham’s Inheritance of BLESSEDNESS (Rom. 4:16c; Gal. 3:29)
“…He is the father of us all.” (Rom. 4:16c)
“If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” (Gal. 3:29).
When you are a child of faith you have connected with the God of Abraham, and when this God blesses you no one can change it! You are the offspring of faith, you are blessed and blessed for life.