New Sermon Series Intro and message outline by Bishop George Mbulo, Senior Pastor and President of Capital Christian Ministries International.
Worship by: Encounter Praise (From CCMI Youth Ministry- Club EM)
Message Title: SUCCEEDING IN YOUR ASSIGNMENT
Main Text: Nehemiah 1:1-11
• The STATE of the Nation of Israel was distressing and depressing, as they had lost their identity. (Neh. 1:2-3)
“The words of Nehemiah son of Hacaliah: In the month of Kislev in the twentieth year, while I was in the citadel of Susa, Hanani, one of my brothers, came from Judah with some other men, and I questioned them about the Jewish remnant that survived the exile, and also about Jerusalem. They said to me, ‘Those who survived the exile and are back in the province are in great trouble and disgrace. The wall of Jerusalem is broken down, and its gates have been burned with fire.’” (Neh. 1:1-3)
• Changing the State of the Nation of Israel required a person of uncommon COURAGE to take on such an assignment. (Neh. 2:1-2; Acts 20:22-24)
“In the month of Nisan in the twentieth year of King Artaxerxes, when wine was brought for him, I took the wine and gave it to the king. I had not been sad in his presence before; so the king asked me, ‘Why does your face look so sad when you are not ill? This can be nothing but sadness of heart.’ I was very much afraid.” (Neh. 2:1-2)
“And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.” (Acts 20:22-24)
• And that courage needed to be based on FAITH in a God who gives success to those who love him. (Neh. 2:19-20)
“But when Sanballat the Horonite, Tobiah the Ammonite official and Geshem the Arab heard about it, they mocked and ridiculed us. ‘What is this you are doing? They asked. ‘Are you rebelling against the king?” I answered them by saying, ‘The God of heaven will give us success. We his servants will start rebuilding…” (Neh. 2:19-20)
• Faith in God who gives success requires a WILLING heart to work (Neh. 4:6)
“So we rebuilt the wall till all of it reached half its height, for the people worked with all their heart.” (Neh. 4:6)
• From a wall in ruins, from a people distressed and discouraged, rose a MAN called by God who dared to TRUST, to FIGHT and to BUILD.
• We all have an ASSIGNMENT from God in this life (Ps. 57:2; Prov. 19:21; Heb. 12:1-2)
“I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills his purpose for me.” (Ps. 57:2)
“Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.” (Prov. 19:21)
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” (Heb. 12:1-2)
THIS WILL BE OUR SERIES OF MESSAGES FOR THE NEXT COMING WEEKS: SUCCEEDING IN YOUR ASSIGNMENT
1. The ASSIGNMENT which births a PASSION
2. A PASSION which fuels ENDURANCE
3. ENDURANCE which gives FOCUS
4. FOCUS which bears FRUIT
5. FRUIT which confirms your ASSIGNMENT
6. Your ASSIGNMENT which glorifies GOD
We invite you to join us as we embark on this spiritual journey of discovering how we as a people of God can succeed in our Individual assignments as did Nehemiah.
Indeed everyone has an assignment on this earth.Very interesting series looking forward to listening to the the ASSIGNMENT which births a PASSION.